perl-unicode

Re: CGI and UTF

2002-11-20 13:30:14

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 05:38:20PM -0000, Mark Proctor wrote:

[upgrading from 5.6.1 to 5.8]

I have checked with the sysadmins at cisco and they said "no way" :(

I'm not asking this as an attempt to provide arguments to give them back - if
they are sure of their position, then it is necessary to work within it.

But did they say *why* they are so insistent that 5.8.0 is not feasible?

[such as house policy on not using .0 versions? time taken to assess and
approve releases meaning that approving 5.8.0 is a lot of effort?
Something specific they don't like about 5.8.0?]

Basically is there something that the perl development community needs to do
(or change) that would avoid this in future?

Nicholas Clark
--
Befunge better than perl?       http://www.perl.org/advocacy/spoofathon/