perl-unicode

Re: perlunicode comment - when Unicode does not happen

2003-12-22 20:30:05

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:47:32 +0900
SADAHIRO Tomoyuki <bqw10602(_at_)nifty(_dot_)com> wrote:

I had talked on this "problem" (well, I don't know whether Perl
supports multibyte file/path names or not.) in a Japanese Perlers'
mail list.

http://www.freeml.com/message/perl(_at_)freeml(_dot_)com/0004467 (in Japanese)

Here is a brief summary (in Japanese).

http://homepage1.nifty.com/nomenclator/perl/shiftjis.htm#file

Short summary in English (No guarantee to work well).

[For Win32/Japanese]

File names: append a space to the end of a file name.

     e.g. -f "$filename ";

Directory names: append a slash or a backslash (please don't
worry yourself about whether Shift-JIS "\x5C" is a backslash
or a yen sign) to the end of a directory name.

     e.g. -d "$dirname/";
          -d "$dirname\\";

Regards,
SADAHIRO Tomoyuki