perl-unicode

Re: Converting string to UTF-16LE

2004-03-02 01:30:04
Larry Wall <larry(_at_)wall(_dot_)org> writes:
On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 06:19:02PM +0100, Sebastian Lehmann wrote:
: For this example the search value will be "Iba�ez". Because of the search
: isn't case-sensitive, all letters should be uppercased, using the uc method.

I don't think this is your problem, but in general I think it's better
to canonicalize with lc() because it will try to undo both uppercase
and titlecase.

Since you are here ;-)

Why does ñ not uppercase to Ñ ?

Which bits of which Unicode.org files are used by uc()?