perl-unicode

Re: Converting string to UTF-16LE

2004-03-02 18:30:07
On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 10:16:43PM +0200, Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
: ... and following the CaseFolding.txt is required in the the Unicode
: regular expression
: guidelines (http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr18/), the "Default
: Loose Matches"
: (http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr18/#Default_Loose_Matches)

Sure, but if you let them, the Unicode Consortium will drive the
required minimum default Unicode support level up to about 42, and
then we won't need a new release of Windows to slow everyone down.  :-)

Sounds to me like aiming for a default level of 2 is about right for
Perl 5 as well as Perl 6.  (And everyone is grateful for your speeding
those routines up--even the people who don't know they're grateful. :-)

Larry