perl-unicode

Re: Variation In Decoding Between Encode and XML::LibXML

2010-06-16 11:07:26
On Jun 15, 2010, at 11:24 PM, Daisuke Maki wrote:

I remember XML::LibXML doing funky things with the utf8 flag -- but in
your case,
is it possible to try using a proper XML declaration?

i.e.:

   <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><p>Tomas ....</p>

No, I'm pulling the example I posted out of the CDATA of an RSS description
field, and then passing that along XML::LibXML. So there's no encoding
specified.

This seems to produce the correct output for me (perl 5.12.1, LibXML 1.70)

Good to know, thanks. I'm wondering now how I'm going to get at the encoding
from Feed::Data in order to pass that along to XML::LibXML when parsing encoded
feed content.

Thanks again for the help, folks.

Best,

David