perl-unicode

Re: Variation In Decoding Between Encode and XML::LibXML

2010-06-16 17:08:17
At 22:55 -0700 15/6/10, David E. Wheeler wrote:

...So my question is, what gives? Is this truly a broken representation of the character and Encode just figures that out and fixes it? Or is there something off with my editor and with XML::LibXML.

...Attachment converted: macmini:try.pl (TEXT/CSOm) (000F502E)

When I open your attachment 'try.pl' in BBEdit it has Mac encoding and Mac linefeeds and five invisible characters that I haven't analysed wherever you have double line-spacing. And if I tell BBEdit to re-open the file as utf-8 I get the warning "The UTF-8 file 'try.pl' is damaged or badly formed, so it looks to me as if your editor may be at fault.

I have BBEdit set to create new documents with UTF-8 encoding and UNIX line feeds and to use UTF-8 for I/O. I gather you don't use BBEdit.

JD