xmca mailing list

1995-10-20 06:23:02
Dear "procmail info" (Stephen R. van den Berg ?)!

I am writing to you because I could get no answer from
xmca-request(_at_)weber(_dot_)ucsd(_dot_)edu, and because your address is
mentioned in the reply when I send the request 'version'.

My question can be represented by quoting my latest request which has
not been answered yet. All my erlier requests were answered
automatically or not answered.

Hopefully
Jens Mammen

Subject:  Re: Is there a human out there?
Date:     Wed, 18 Oct 1995 14:49:29

Re: Is there a human out there?

In your 'General info' you mentioned that one can be sure a
human reads and replies ones questions if the first word in
the Subject field is 'Re:'. I hope this will be the case
with the present questions. I am sure that the answers I got
so far was not written by a human.

I am a new subscriber to xmca. I subscribed 15 Oct and has
not before subscribed to any member of the xfamily, although
one of my colleagues often forwarded interesting letters
from xlchc.

Entering in the middle of the battle I was of course
interested in the archived files and tried some of the
commands which according to the archive retrieval info
should be known to the archive server.

(In reply of my first 'help' command to xmca-request I
received the 'General info'. Then I sent the command
'archive help' and received the 'archive retrieval info').

But nothing worked as I expected. When I sent a request as
'list latest' I received not the names of the files which
according to the 'General info' should be identical with the
headers of the mails, but a list in unix format with all
files having the same name. When I sent a request as 'find
Mammen latest' or 'find "Mammen" latest', I got 'empty'
answers. When I sent the same requests with 'archive/latest'
instead of 'latest' I got no reply at all. The reason I used
my own family name 'Mammen' was that I knew it appeared in
both Subject and body of some files. I also tried with
'Cole' to get Michael Cole's welcome files.

Did I do it the wrong way or is it just not functioning?

Kind regards
Jens Mammen

Jens Mammen, Institute of Psychology, University of Aarhus,
Asylvej 4, DK-8240 Risskov, DENMARK. Email
jens(_at_)psy(_dot_)aau(_dot_)dk(_dot_)
Tel +45 8942 4957; Ps.Inst. +45 8942 4900; Fax +45 8942 4901;
Secretary Lone Hansen +45 8942 4916. Email
lone(_at_)psy(_dot_)aau(_dot_)dk(_dot_)
Web home page (under construction): http://www.psy.aau.dk.