Re: simple file server

1995-10-20 04:06:41
On Fri, 20 Oct 1995, Paul Kenna wrote:

I'm getting the same "ambiguous output redirect " error on this recipe.
I've checked for typo's (I've cut and paste from the procmailex page) but
for te likes of me I can't work it out.  Any help would be appreciated.

As a workaround I have got the "retrieve" recipe to work ad use a rc.info
file that includes a number of copies of this recipe for each of the files I
want ro make available in the fileserver directory.  Not very elegant but it
works.

I'm using procmail without .forward files under a mail agen called
Post.Office which serves my virtualserver account.  (Sun workstation Unix V
Solaris Apache server and a lot of lead time to get used to  unix.)

Regards

Paul Kenna
pkenna(_at_)vicnet(_dot_)net(_dot_)au Melbourne Australia
webmaster(_at_)auservices(_dot_)com New York USA

        I checked for errors as well, and can't find out what's not
working about this system.  Like you, I also have gotten the "retrieve"
recipe to work, but the "send file" recipe is a little more versatile.

        The .forward mechanism is disabled at my site, so I use a cron
job to call up procmail.  But, in both our cases, that should have
nothing to do with this recipe problem since the others work fine.

        Hopefully someone out there has encountered and fixed this very
same problem.

        Eric

-----> Eric Stewart <-----|  ACM Librarian   | The University of Texas
 estewart(_at_)cs(_dot_)utexas(_dot_)edu   |   UT Student     |       at Austin
        Use Linux!        |    Chapter       |  PGP Pub key by finger
------------> http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/estewart/ <--------------