Re: simple file server

1995-10-20 09:00:34
At 21:55 10/19/95, Eric Stewart wrote:
       Has anyone successfully implemented the file server recipe
located in the procmailex man page?  I am getting an "Ambiguous output
redirect" when procmail processes the request.

       I'm just wondering if anyone else has implemented this and had
the same problem to deal with, or knows of a better/alternative recipe.

What shell are you using?  All the procmail man pages assume Bourne shell
syntax.

I often get the "Ambiguous output redirect" error when I forget I'm using
csh, and use Bourne shell redirect syntax.

For lots of reasons, you're better off using 'sh' instead of 'csh' for
procmail....

--Hal
Hal Wine <hal(_at_)dtor(_dot_)com>     voice: 510/482-0597