Re: Procmail with Sun's sendmail?

1995-11-21 15:35:39
I'm running Solaris 2.4 with Sun's sendmail. . . for [a] dozen users
I've got to find a way for sendmail to route their email directly to
their Unix accounts.

I'm the postmaster for icd.teradyne.com.  We have many Suns, some running
SunOS 4, some running Solaris 2.  Our mailhost is running Solaris 2.4.  We
spent some time trying to make Sun sendmail do the right thing in our
environment - our mail system is nontrivial - and, quite frankly, gave up
in disgust.

Given what you're trying to do, I would _strongly_ recommend that you throw
Sun's sendmail in the trash and replace it with sendmail 8.7.2 from
Berkeley:

  ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/sendmail/

sendmail 8 has many neat features that should help you with this.  Slightly
creative forwarding ([ :) ]) and procmail should probably also help, but
there, too, sendmail 8 supports procmail much more cleanly than Sun's
sendmail does.

 -- Kevin Hood
    hood(_at_)icd(_dot_)teradyne(_dot_)com