Re: aliases and details

1995-12-15 01:07:39

srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl (Stephen R. van den Berg) wrote:
Doug Hughes <Doug(_dot_)Hughes(_at_)Eng(_dot_)Auburn(_dot_)EDU> wrote:
Anyway, I'm trying to tackle the problem of aliases and "user+detail"
mail.  For example, I've aliased user "kevin" to my account "kykim".
Now when I send mail to "kevin+test", I want it to go to "kykim+test",
but it just goes to "kykim".
something to somebody else, the To: address stays the same.. In other
words, kykim needs something that looks for kevin+test, because the envelope
doesn't change on the message.

Actually, you probably mean, the envelope changes, but the header stays
To answer the original question:
Is this a procmail configuration or sendmail configuration problem?
It's a sendmail configuration problem.  The fix either needs substantial
changes in the sendmail.cf file, or you might try putting in
aliases like
      kevin+test: kykim+test

actually, I followed Doug's advice and managed to write my .procmailrc
to extract the "To:" field and parse "kevin+test" to figure out what to
do with my mail.

-kevin