Re: User defined header record

1995-12-28 15:13:17
On Thu, 28 Dec 1995, John Conover wrote:

Does anyone know if there is any record that can be added to the
header of an email for user defined information that will be carried
in the headers when any reply/forward/bounce operation is performed.
I looked at RFC832/932/1032, and could not find anything that
satisfies the need, (other that the Subject: record.) The Message-id:
record comes close, but most sendmail MTA's change this record to a
machine defined record, and put the information into a Reference-to:
record, which is filtered from any reply/forward/bounce operation.

Sendmail, Procmail (unless you tell it not to), and any other relatively
intellegent mail forwarding program.

 ---------========== J.D. Falk <jdfalk(_at_)cybernothing(_dot_)org>
  |   "It involves such a marked departure from normal human conduct     |
  |       that we can't help being drawn to it."  -Edward L. Greenspan   |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----