Regexp macros & Apparently-To:

1995-12-29 02:57:26

I would be grateful for any insight on the following:

1.  Are procmail macros (TO, FROM_MAILER, FROM_DAEMON, etc) pre-compiled
    in any way to make them more efficient?  Specifically, if I were to
    use my own slightly modified versions of their regexp, would I be
    paying a disproportionately high price in performance efficiency?

2.  Could anyone point me in the direction of an RFC, FYI, or other
    document which might explain the semantic to the header
    "Apparently-To:"?  Or, is this header used by informal convention?

Thank you very much for your time.

Hannes.
--
Email:  oracle(_at_)dodona(_dot_)com  /  Finger
oracle(_at_)msn(_dot_)fullfeed(_dot_)com for more info.