Re: procmail shows everything alover again

1996-05-13 17:01:02
Philip Guenther wrote:

Christophe Zwecker <fw5y491(_at_)public(_dot_)uni-hamburg(_dot_)de> writes:
I use procmail pre 3.11 and everytime I use it it puts the same old
messages I've already read and moved again in my folders, together with the
new ones.. any clue ? What shall I post for better understanding ?

How are you feeding the mail in to procmail?  If you're feeding it
messages from a file, then you need to clean out the file (remove or
truncate it) at the end of the run yourself.

Philip Guenther
I use Netscape and there is a Dir called nsmail in my home. In here are the
files with the differnt groups. In the files are the mails (one group=one
file)
My .procmailrc looks like this:

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
# $HOME/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:
MAILDIR=/home/doc/nsmail        # You'd better make sure it exists
# DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/Inbox
LOGFILE=/home/doc/.procmail.log
LOCKFILE=/home/doc/.lockmail

:0
* ^From.*news
innd

:0
* ^Sender.*owner-isdn4linux
Isdn4linux              # will go to $MAILDIR/ISDN List

:0
* ^To.*wine-patches
Wine

:0
* ^To.*procmail

* ^From.*procmail

* ^CC.*procmail
procmail

:0                              # Anything from news
* ^To.*usenet
innd                            # will go to $MAILDIR/innd

sometimes (most of the times) I get new mail with popclient. I read the
mail. Its marked read. I get new mail. I start the procmail script again.
THe old  (already read) mail shows up as unread again. !!

Here my sortmail script:

#!/bin/sh

ORGMAIL=/usr/spool/mail/$LOGNAME

if cd $HOME &&
test -s $ORGMAIL &&
lockfile -r0 -l3600 .newmail.lock 2>/dev/null
then
trap "rm -f .newmail.lock" 1 2 3 15
umask 077
lockfile -l3600 -ml
cat $ORGMAIL >>.newmail &&
cat /dev/null >$ORGMAIL
lockfile -mu
formail -s procmail <.newmail &&
rm -f .newmail
rm -f .newmail.lock
fi
exit 0

I don't know but this really gets on my nerves...
--

   Christophe

Christophe Zwecker                    email:
fw5y491(_at_)public(_dot_)uni-hamburg(_dot_)de
Hamburg, Germany

In newsgroups please reply also by email - thanks