limiting a variable and saving address info

1996-05-24 17:47:15
Hi there, I have a recipe that takes a variable from the subject line, and
puts it into $NAME,

Now what I want to do with $NAME is limit it so it can be no more than 25
characters in length, AND if $NAME is blank, I want it to contain the same
contents as $FROM_ADDRESS...

How can I go about doing this??

Also, I have an autoresponder set up much like the one in the procmailex
man page.... it works like a charm, but the only thing I want to do is
save information about everyone that uses my autoresponder in a log
file.... something like their Address and which file they requested, one
line per person in the log file......

Thanks for any help, and please Cc: this to my mailbox ginof(_at_)io(_dot_)org