Re: limiting a variable and saving address info

1996-05-26 09:25:28
Now what I want to do with $NAME is limit it so it can be no more than 25
characters in length, AND if $NAME is blank, I want it to contain the same
contents as $FROM_ADDRESS...
The truncate question was already answered by Soren:
:0
* NAME ?? .
* NAME ?? ^^\/.{1,25}
{ NAME = $MATCH }
:E
{ NAME = "$FROM_ADDRESS" }

One little error corrected: the second ?? was missing.

Ok guys... that should work.... but the second recipe should have a :0E
instead of :E shouldn't it???

and E means that it'll only execute if the previous one didn't but I don't
want EITHER one to execute if 0 < $NAME < 25, you know what I mean??