Re: Unidentified subject!

1996-06-22 21:11:55
Chuck Kennedy <chuck(_at_)homebuilt(_dot_)com> writes:
I have a simple auto-responder set up so that mail to
geogig-info(_at_)homebuilt(_dot_)com gets sent an information file by return
email
(with a similar setup for geogig-rsvp-form mail). It works fine for mail
from most users, however it doesn't seem to work with Compuserve addresses.
Most of my audience for this event are Compuserve members as it happens. If
I send mail from my Compuserve account, I receive it at homebuilt.com, but I
don't get the info message back at Compuserve.

Can anyone see what is wrong here?
:1 c
^To: geogig-info*

To: <geogig-info(_at_)homebuilt(_dot_)com>

Have you considered the possibility that the regexp isn't matching?
After all, you leave no room for a '<' in your regexp.  I'd suggest
changing the condition to something more like:

:0c
* ^TO_geogig-info

The '^TO_' macro expands to a regexp that matches just about every
variety of header that lists recipients (i.e., To:, Cc:, Resent-To:,
etc).  The macro ends with regexp stuff to match everything up to the
beginning of an address part.  If you are using a version of procmail
before 3.11pre than you should instead use the "^TO" macro:

:0c
* ^TOgeogig-info

which should work just as well.  The "^TO" macro is similar to the
"^TO_" macro but it ends with regexp stuff to match everything up to
the beginning of a _word_, which may possibly be inside an address
part.  The difference is negligible when followed by something as
distinctive as "geogig-info".

Of course, you'll want to make the same change to the other condition.

Philip Guenther