Re: Weird problem, any suggestions?

1996-07-29 16:00:44
"Hiram Lester Jr." <hwlester(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
On Sat, 13 Jul 1996, Matt Clausen wrote:

I recently subscribed to a mailling list running off of majordomo and
followed my usual procedure of adding the list into my .procmailrc... But
for some reason, the mailling list is not getting sorted out by procmail
and it's driving me nuts.

The list is coming from owner-isp-telco(_at_)bsd1(_dot_)sytex(_dot_)net
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated as this is filling up my inbox and
I'd really like it being sorted out so I can read it as I get to it...

Actually, the easiest way to filter mailing lists like this is with the To
line.  The following recipe should work:

I find that matching against the envelope sender, as contained in the
prefered, as it works even when someone bcc's (or worse) the mailing
list.  If the message came to you, directly from the mailing list (not
resent by by someone else), then the envelope sender should be that of
the list.  This means that if someone sends to both you and list, then
the list copy will be refiled, while the direct (from the other person)
copy will not be.

:0
^(Return-Path:|From )owner-isp-telco(_at_)bsd1\(_dot_)sytex\(_dot_)net
ISP-TELCO

Philip Guenther