Re: Problems With Procmail Autoreply

1996-08-15 15:45:09
Deliverer <deliv33(_at_)lightspeed(_dot_)net> writes:
I'm having problems just with an autoreply feature of procmail.  I have been
able to get other things to work like sorting into different message
folders, but not this autoreply.  Here are my scripts.

#here's my .forward file:
"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #wbutler"

#here's my .procmailrc file:
VERBOSE=off

Here's your bug: you forgot to turn on verbose logging to see what is
really happening!  You also forget to say how this recipe isn't
working:  does it reply to the wrong address?  Does it go into a mail
loop if you send a message to yourself?  Does it fail to send any mail
at all?  Does it ...

That said, I'll suggest that you use the spacebar and tab key more
often when writing your recipes, if just for readability.  In this case
it's also affecting the operation of the recipe, as there's a space
missing after the colon in the "X-Loop:" condition, as well as before
the backslash on the first line of the action.  I would also suggest
that you indent the second and succeeding lines in your action, but,
well, if your eyes can seperate the '*' lines from the '|' line from
all those that follow without having to look twice, more power to you.

Oh, and the first copy of your message to the procmail list did get
through.  Sending a second won't make anyone respond faster.

Philip Guenther

SENDMAIL=/usr/lib/sendmail
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail
PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
FILEDIR=$HOME/fileserver

#the autoreply script that won't work :( any help would be appreciated
:0 ic
* ^TOwbutler
*!^FROM_DAEMON
*!^X-Loop:wbutler(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucr(_dot_)edu
|(formail -r -a "Precedence: junk"\
-I"From: Auto Reply from cs.ucr.edu<wbutler(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucr(_dot_)edu> " \
-I"Subject: Received email thank you" \
-A "X-Loop: wbutler(_at_)cs(_dot_)ucr(_dot_)edu";\
cat $FILEDIR/info.txt ) |$SENDMAIL -t