Re: one more time

1996-08-25 08:15:02
Susan Granquist asked,

| I'm using Smartlist with Procmail and am a beginner at a lot of this.  Is
| there anyway to surpress the Resent-Date and Resent-From part of this
| header from either Smartlist or Procmail?  If so could someone please
| put it in very simple terms?

If you're the end recipient, then at the suitable place in your .procmailrc,

   :0fwh
   * ^Resent-
   * other conditions if necessary
   | formail -I Resent-

That will remove all header lines that begin with "Resent-".  You can specify

   :0fwh
   * ^Resent-(From|Date):
   * other conditions if necessary
   | formail -I Resent-Date: -I Resent-From:

to get rid of those two headers specifically, but I think it's a bad idea to
keep other Resent- headers without Resent-From:.

Now, as I said, the above is all within your prerogative if you're the end
recipient (say, as a member of a list running under SmartList).  If you're
maintaining a list with SmartList and you want to take the Resent- headers
out of articles when the list sends them to members, please reconsider.
The different sets of original and Resent- headers are useful information
to the mailers and to the members.