Re: one more time

1996-08-25 13:54:01

On Sun, 25 Aug 1996, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Now, as I said, the above is all within your prerogative if you're the
end recipient (say, as a member of a list running under SmartList).  If
you're maintaining a list with SmartList and you want to take the
Resent- headers out of articles when the list sends them to members,
please reconsider.  The different sets of original and Resent- headers
are useful information to the mailers and to the members.

Here's what is happening that I'm partially concerned about and am trying
to find a way to avoid having happen.  I'm not sure how much of it is due
to procmail and how much to Smartlist.

From dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com Sun Aug 25 13:40:32 1996
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 09:28:15 -0500 (CDT)
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com>
To: Susan Granquist <valkyrie(_at_)eskimo(_dot_)com>
Cc: procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: one more time

**************************
From dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com Sun Aug 25 13:40:38 1996
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 1996 09:28:15 -0500 (CDT)
From: "David W. Tamkin" <dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com>
To: Susan Granquist <valkyrie(_at_)eskimo(_dot_)com>
Cc: procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
************

I got two copies of the message since one came to me and one went to the
list, the one to the list shows the Resent Headers.  Only one message
comes from the list.

The only purpose that I can see is that it explains to me as an end user
that the reason I got two copies is that one was resent from the list,
while another came from another source.