Re: one more time

1996-08-25 13:38:23

On Sun, 25 Aug 1996, David W. Tamkin wrote:

to get rid of those two headers specifically, but I think it's a bad idea to
keep other Resent- headers without Resent-From:.

Now, as I said, the above is all within your prerogative if you're the end
recipient (say, as a member of a list running under SmartList).  If you're
maintaining a list with SmartList and you want to take the Resent- headers
out of articles when the list sends them to members, please reconsider.
The different sets of original and Resent- headers are useful information
to the mailers and to the members.

I've gotten a number of complaints about them from list users.  I agree
that they can be useful if the material is time-sensitive but for a
general discussion list it seems redundant, particularly when the messages
are simply showing a turn-around of ten to twenty seconds.  It's been
difficult following the discussion, but it does seem to be that element of
timeliness that is behind the scripts being discussed.

Regards,
Susan Granquist