Re: Zapping repeated .sig appendices

1996-09-01 14:21:28
"Josh" == Josh Kramer
<kramer(_at_)gfs(_dot_)pvt(_dot_)k12(_dot_)pa(_dot_)us> writes:

    Josh> Is there a way to set up procmail so that it omits your .sig
    Josh> text from incoming mail? Some messages at my site receive
    Josh> enough replies to have 6 or more copies of many different
    Josh> people's sig files - annoying, to say the least.

In my opinion, it's better to educate people to edit out unnecessary
text in their replies.  They should be cutting out the sigs before
they send their messages, in addition to cutting text that is not
directly relevant to their reply.  I am genuinely surprised that
people are not taught to do this.

plw