Re: Zapping repeated .sig appendices

1996-09-04 10:51:36
Excerpts from mail: (03-Sep-96) Re: Zapping repeated .sig appendices by Stan
Ryckman
My point was that users *shouldn't* put "-- " into their .signature
files. Tools like pine should insert that line just before feeding your
mail to sendmail or an SMTP port, assuming you have "include signature"
(or whatever it's called) enabled.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The problem is solvable, but it needs to be
solved at the MUA level, not the user level. Pine, Elm, etc. should all support
the de-facto standard. (It might help if a formal RFC were written on the
subject.)

Later,
Ed