Re: Zapping repeated .sig appendices

1996-09-05 15:06:56
Edward J. Sabol wrote:

Stan Ryckman wrote:
My point was that users *shouldn't* put "-- " into their .signature
files. Tools like pine should insert that line just before feeding your
mail to sendmail or an SMTP port, assuming you have "include signature"
(or whatever it's called) enabled.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. The problem is solvable, but it
needs to be solved at the MUA level, not the user level. Pine, Elm,
etc. should all support the de-facto standard. (It might help if
a formal RFC were written on the subject.)

ELM already does this. Or you could (as in my case) read your mail with
a newsreader :)  It really comes down to sheer editing laziness when all
is said and done.

--
Scott Kenney  >|<  saken(_at_)chardos(_dot_)connix(_dot_)com