Re: Recipe Question

1996-09-06 22:54:46
When Zach Babayco asked,

| >Ok, this one seems to be working up to a certain point, and then it gives
| >me an error.  Heres what it put in the logfile:
| >
| >procmail: Assigning "INCLUDERC=/u11/zachb/.procmail/rc.idiots"
| >[going through the first 2 or 3 recipes, no match, then it gets to this]
| >procmail: Match on
"^(.*-)?(From|Sender):(_dot_)*dlv(_at_)bwalk(_dot_)dm\(_dot_)com"
| >procmail: Error while writing to "/_Cu0Gmail6"
| >procmail: Error while writing to "/"
| >procmail: Skipped "$DUMP"

Philip Guenther answered,

| Off hand, this looks like you have a blank line after the last condition
| and before the action.  You should either delete it or make it a comment
| with a '#'.

Right diagnosis, wrong prescription.  Zach should delete the blank line or
upgrade his procmail version.  If a procmail version is old enough to think
that a blank line in the middle of a recipe means "save to /", it is too
old to understand a comment line in the middle of a recipe.  Commenting it
out with "#" will make procmail save to a file named $MAILDIR/#, which is
not what Zach wants either.