How to use procmail with NetScape

1996-10-08 13:58:58
Hello...I have been reading this list for several weeks, and have
not seen any discussion of this topic.  I use Netscape 3.0 to handle
my mail on a Sparcstation 5 running Solaris 2.51.  I would like to
use procmail to process the mail mail.

I want to have "mailing list" mail written to separate Netscape mail
folders, and some mail from "annoying" people discarded.  All mail
not trapped by recipes, I would like written to Netscape's "Inbox"
folder rather than going to the mail spool.

I have read the procmail man pages, and think I know how to write
the regexps to segregate the mail the way I want.  What I cannot figure
out is how to write to Netscape mail folders.  I do not know which
program to invoke or how to lock the mail folders to prevent corruption.

If anyone can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.  If
this topic is not of general interest, please respond by direct email.

Thank you.
--

Jim McMaster
mcmaster(_at_)sweng(_dot_)stortek(_dot_)com