Re: Setting up procmail

1996-10-16 11:13:24
Robert Abrams <abrams(_at_)c2(_dot_)net> writes:
I see that now! tho thats exactly as written i n my man procmail file!
it now read;

"|IFS=' '&&exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75 #abrams"

Note that on systems running sendmail V8, the above can be simplfied to:

"|exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f-||exit 75"

If you're using smrsh as the prog mailer, then you *must* have your
sysadmin put a copy of or link to procmail in smrsh's bin directory
(where ever that was compiled in as), and then simplify your .forward
file to just read:

"|procmail"

or maybe:

"|/usr/local/bin/procmail"

though smrsh ignores the path given.  Smrsh will cry bloody murder, however,
if your .forward file contains any shell syntax like || or &&, and the exec
will cause problems as well, so...

Philip Guenther