Re: EXITCODE/HOST problem

1996-11-16 10:59:11
Tim <bodysurf(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> writes:
Towards the middle it prints out all that information from my LOGFILE
(under "Transcipt of session follows").  I don't like that.  It lets these
idiots know what's in my PROCMAILRC file AND it tells them I am using
PROCMAIL to bounce their message.  I was under the impression using this
EXITCODE would "fool" these people into thinking the email address didn't
exist.  Maybe I'm asking for too much.  I could always go back to using the
manual bounce message.  Any more suggestions anyone?

sendmail includes in the bounce message anything that was sent to stdout or
stderr.  Procmail should only send the messages you saw to one of those
(stderr or stdout) if LOGFILE is not set.  Make sure the LOGFILE is always
set to some file, or if you don't want to save the output anywhere, set
it to /dev/null.

BTW: I noticed that you set LOGFILE=50000.  Why do you set it to such a huge
value?

Philip Guenther