Re: Address ONLY Match/Variable Recipe?

1996-12-02 02:48:44
On  1 Dec 96 at 8:31, procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aach wrote:

I am looking for a recipe (for procmail) to grab any RFC-822
compliant address (*) and parse ONLY the address, not the user's
attached name, IF ANY, into either MATCH or another variable.

This is a bit off-topic, but I am curious about the RFC mentioned
above.

I looked at RFC-822 and saw that an email address must look like
this:

(word)*("." (word))@(subdomain)*("."(subdomain))

Where can I find out which _characters_ are allowed in (word) and
(subdomain)? I didn't see any reference to this question in RFC-822.

Sara