Re: Procmail dumping core

1996-12-09 22:12:28
Ken Marsh <kmarsh(_at_)charm(_dot_)net> writes:
A while ago I posted about procmail dumping core on long lines
of "To:" (50, 100 addressees). Thanks to everyone who responded.
I recently recompiled with -g and without -s (that means twice :)
and got this for a core stack trace: (see below)
GDB 4.15.1 (i386-unknown-bsdi2.1),
Copyright 1995 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
Core was generated by `procmail'.
#0  0x740b in concon (ch=32) at mailfold.c:264
264             themail[confield.offs[--i]]=ch;                /* and flip e
very one */
(gdb) bt
#0  0x740b in concon (ch=32) at mailfold.c:264
#1  0x9da0 in conditions (flags=0x2ccb4 "", prevcond=0, lastsucc=0,
    lastcond=0, nrcond=0) at misc.c:720
#2  0x34fa in main (argc=2, argv=0xefbfdf90) at procmail.c:621

Since you're using version 3.10, have you considered trying to recreate
the problem with the current version, 3.11pre4?  I would suggest doing
that, even if you don't install it "for real", but just compile it and
try feeding it one of these problem messages by hand.  You may need
your administrator's help in 'capturing' one of these messages, though
you may be able to do so by yourself by temporarily renaming your
.forward file for long enough for the message to be delivered via the
normal local delivery agent.

BTW: when reopting a possible bug in a program, you should always include
the version number.

Philip Guenther