Re: is it possible?

1996-12-27 02:06:57
Another simple approach to the proposed problem is to use the
same email address within the focus, but modify the text outside
the focus. Then have procmail key off the extraneous text.

For example, you could build a web page with the following HTML
on it:

<A HREF="mailto:Tech Support <user(_at_)host(_dot_)com>">Email Tech Support</A>
<A HREF="mailto:Sales <user(_at_)host(_dot_)com>">Email Sales Staff</A>

If someone uses the former link you will receive mail with
To: Tech Support <user(_at_)host(_dot_)com>. You can write procmail recipes
to key off the contents of this To: field.

I've tossed the message that started this thread so I'm not sure
if this suggestion addresses the needs of the poster, so to speak.
If not, sorry!

--
Jefferson Ogata      Philips Media Systems      ogata(_at_)pmpro(_dot_)com
"If you push something hard enough,