Re: [Procmail] Re: is it possible?

1996-12-28 02:28:39
Hi Alan K. Stebbens!  I'm a programmer and I want to do dumb things!
  Actually, with sendmail.cf hacking, you *can* make portions of an
  email address be used for routing.  For example, CMU's Andrew Message
  System uses the "+" sign as a flag character to indicate an AMS
  address, and not part of the actual user name.

        Well, acording to what my admin told me awhile back, "plussed"
addresses can be used in all versions of sendmail greater than 8.7.6 I
believe.  I even wrote some shell scripts to generate a different plus
address everytime I post on Usenet to see where the spambots get my
address from.

        Regards,

--
<Doug Muth>--<dmuth(_at_)ot(_dot_)com> - Spam me and die!
Think your homepage sucks?  You haven't seen http://www.ot.com/~dmuth yet!!