Re: Recipie works only for recipient alias

1997-02-19 06:26:16
On Wed, 19 Feb 1997, era eriksson wrote:

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997 13:46:44 -0500 (EST),
Kyle Ferrio <kbf(_at_)phy(_dot_)duke(_dot_)edu> wrote:
 >> But then why not try it and see how far it can take you.
 >> Everything else looks fine to me (excep't I'd probably use only
 >> one echo -e and use backslash escapes for newlines etc). (Oh, and
 >> sendmail -oi -t is used in all the example recipes ;-) (There was
 > I didn't mean to set this up as a particularly good example. I did
 > discover, however, that the sendmail 8.52 my sysadmin has installed will
 > not work with the -oi option.  Strange, but true.  I have no idea how it
 > was configured.  It's old.

This reply grew a bit long. Most of it is just verbatim output from
programs which doesn't take too long to examine. I'm not sure if this
can help you any but at least I've tried ;-)
  This still has nothing to do with Sendmail acting strangely. But if
your Sendmail is strange in other respects, as you write, then maybe
that's the root of the problem?

 > On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, era eriksson wrote:
 >> Don't see how this could help against the problems you describe. Also
 >> the VERBOSE log should have revealed all these problems.
 > The quoting style is taken from others' known-working examples and
 > doesn't affect processing.  The verbose log has no errors of any kind in
 > any event.  But thanks.

Not errors, just curious messages. Here's a trial run -- interesting
parts are underlined with ---------:

 $ cat scratch/.procmailrc
 VERBOSE="yes please!"
 DEFAULT=$HOME/scratch/output

 PROCBIN=$HOME/bin
 AUTOFROM="Kyle's Mail Troll <kbf(_at_)phy(_dot_)duke(_dot_)edu>
                                                 ^
                                                lost "

Cheers,
        Gerardo

 XLOOP="X-Loop: kbf(_at_)phy(_dot_)duke(_dot_)edu"
[snip]