Re: .forward file not working

1997-03-05 14:04:37
On Wed, 05 Mar 1997 10:18:20 -0600,
Philip Guenther <guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu> wrote:
"Scott Frost" <scott(_dot_)frost(_at_)CCMAIL(_dot_)AirTouch(_dot_)COM>
writes:
"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/cellone/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #cppmail"
This is the contents of my .forward file in my $HOME. When I send mail
to this account with the .forward file in place it disappears.
Put it in place, then have someone else send you email.  They should get
a bounce message (you didn't because the bounce message bounced again).
What does that bounce message say?  One guess is that your shell isn't in
/etc/shells, and thus sendmail won't trust you to run programs.  If this
is it, the bounce message should suggest something along those lines.

(Or you can just telnet over to port 25 and see what you get back when
you try to EXPN or deliver mail to yourself.)

/* era */

(I was going to include a real example here but your SMTP says you
have no user named cppmail.)

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>