Question about user-name+xxxx(_at_)host style addresses

1997-03-28 17:09:36
Awhile ago I remember a discussion of using a style of To: addresses like
so:

    username+xxxx(_at_)host(_dot_)name

i.e.

    snevel+getfile(_at_)wco(_dot_)com

Where the SMTP daemon will automagically know to deliver to my
snevel(_at_)wco(_dot_)com mailbox.

How is this set-up?  Is it a function of a particular mail-server?  Is it
hard to administer?

I can see *lots* of utility for this as a budding procmail user and would
like to ask my ISP about it, but I don't know what to ask them about.

If someone would care to provide a bit more information that I could use
in communicating with my ISP admins, I'd *really* appreciate it.

adTHANKSvance

Simeon
--
simeon(_dot_)nevel(_at_)schwab(_dot_)com   =-=-=-=-=A rabbit is just an angel
with big ears!