Re: Question about user-name+xxxx(_at_)host style addresses

1997-03-28 18:44:13
On Fri, 28 Mar 1997, Simeon ben Nevel wrote:

->Awhile ago I remember a discussion of using a style of To: addresses like
->so:
->    username+xxxx(_at_)host(_dot_)name
->i.e.
->    snevel+getfile(_at_)wco(_dot_)com
->Where the SMTP daemon will automagically know to deliver to my
->snevel(_at_)wco(_dot_)com mailbox.

I believe this is qmail. See http://www.qmail.org
 (BTW, Dan Bernstein, the author of qmail, beat ITAR
this past winter.)

jamie
jamie(_at_)comet(_dot_)net
        http://www.comet.net  Charlottesville, Va. 804-295-2407
     Why do you need PGP? mail jamie(_at_)comet(_dot_)net with Subject:GET
PGPDOC
       For PGP public key, mail jamie(_at_)comet(_dot_)net with Subject:GET KEY
     dejanesia (noun) : the feeling that I've forgotten this before