Re: scanning the body of a message

1997-05-08 15:15:00
On Thu, 8 May 1997, Philip Guenther wrote:

Wotan <wotan(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com> writes:
I have an exceptionally long list of domains for the latest binge of
e-mail sex-spams.  :(

The spammers for these domains are getting throw-away accounts elsewhere,
and advertising their domains from these accounts.  The bodies of all
the e-mails contain a URL pointing to the offender's domain.

Is there an option other than scanning the body like this:

:0b
* http://www\.(siteone|sitetwo|sitethree)

My list of sex domains 70+ long, making the above method hard to read.  :(

    :0 B
    * ? fgrep -f file-containing-plain-strings-to-search-for-one-per-line
    /dev/null

If your really want regexps then use grep or egrep as appropriate.

I thought of doing it this way, but it will not only match a URL, but if
someone writes me asking me a question (or joke) in regards to the latest
mailing regarding getgreatsex.com.

I was hoping to not need to put http://www. before each domain name,
although a sed script would do it.

--
Crash programs fail because they are based on the theory that, with
nine women pregnant, you can get a baby a month.