Re: Matching a host

1997-05-15 14:17:00
era eriksson <reriksso(_at_)cc(_dot_)helsinki(_dot_)fi> wrote:
Again, the problem is with comments in
addresses, which makes the [purely fictional :-] address
"webmaster(_at_)webdreams(_dot_)com (darn loonies if you ask me) .net" a valid
variant of "webmaster(_at_)webdreams(_dot_)com(_dot_)net". I think. Eli has
actually
tested this, I believe ;-)

Sort of. I have gotten netusa.net's mailserver to accept and deliver
to addresses of that form, in accordance with RFC 822. Most MUAs
seem to gag horribly on the attempt. Some spammer managed to get a
space (without quotes) embedded in the localpart of his envelope FROM,
which resulted in a From_ header that really confused my mailreader.

Elijah
------
Please do not CC me when replying to the list.  It is not my responsibility to
prove to you my mail is not spam, if mail to you bounces it will not be resent.