Re: Procmail choking on attachm

1997-05-19 10:23:00
Philip Guenther <guenther(_at_)gac(_dot_)edu> wrote:
"David B Little" <David_B_Little(_at_)cpqm(_dot_)mail(_dot_)saic(_dot_)com>
writes:
Since these large files are typically files with attachments I was curious if
there was a way to tell procmail within the rc file to only grep the first 30
lines or so of each message?  If so, can this be set as a universal or does it
need to be in each filter string?  I can't use the header only grep as I need
to filter within the mail body to prevent over filtering.

No, there isn't.

Well, actually, something like:

        :0 b
        * ^^\
            (((.*$)?.*$)?.*$)\
            .*someregexp
        anothermailbox

Will cause (a recent version of) procmail to look in only the first four lines
of a message.  Earlier versions of procmail would still scan the whole
body.

Nest the expression to taste of course (it becomes a bit tedious to type
for 30 lines).
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl

"Father's Day: Nine months before Mother's Day."