Re: Procmail choking on attachm

1997-05-09 03:01:00
On Thu, 8 May 1997 15:51:32 -0500 (CDT),
dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com (David W. Tamkin) wrote:
When David B. Little asked,
| >Since these large files are typically files with attachments I
| >was curious if there was a way to tell procmail within the rc
| >file to only grep the first 30 lines or so of each message?
Philip Guenther [replied],
| No, there isn't.
We can if we resort to an outside process:

Or we can generate a duplicate of the message and filter that to keep
only the first 30 lines; or we could use some insidious scoring trick
-- what I had in mind was something like, set the base score 30
notches below "infinity" and add one for each line, would that work?

Or, simply, you could look at the size of the message and see to it
that you don't process any large messages in the first place.

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>