Re: An apology and a request

1997-05-21 14:48:00
At 02:42 PM 5/21/97 -0500, W. Wesley Groleau (Wes) wrote:

[snip]
(Smartlist?) processor is here.  Is there a way to tell
it what email address to subscribe (since Netscape seems
to disallow my turning off the anti-spam address in options)?

Why not just temporarily change your address in Netscape, send the
subscription message, then change the address back?

Does it go in the body or in the subject?

In the header.  As I recall, the FROM address is used.  I believe the
general idea here is that you should subscribe FROM the address you're
subscribing at.

And the (un)subscribe command goes in the SUBJECT - the body is
unimportant.  Please keep this in mind when it comes time to unsubscribe --
recently, there has been a flurry of incompetents sending unsubscribes as
"remove" requests in replies to normal list traffic (in some cases, quoting
entire digests).

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395