Re: Sig length scoring (was Re: subscribe)

1997-05-31 09:41:00
On Sat, 31 May 1997, Michael Stone wrote:

Quoting Eli the Bearded (process(_at_)qz(_dot_)little-neck(_dot_)ny(_dot_)us):
Anyone have some suggestions for scoring based on sig length? Assuming
a RFC1036bis sig indicator (^--[ ]$) is fine.

I was intrigued when I read this; I thought about the possibility of
stripping those long  gratutitous sigs that some people put at the
end of their email (like I want to read it). Is there some way I could
set an arbitrary max sig-length and replace big sigs with some string
(like "I deleted this dope's 8 line sig!"). Am I dreaming?

Just today I received another of those emails with 5 lines of text and a 6 KB
WINMAIL.DAT file uuencoded at the end. Sounds like a similar problem to
tackle!

Best regards,
Ben