Re: newbie seeks yet more help

1997-05-29 12:52:00
On Thu, 29 May 1997 10:01:58 +0300 (EET DST), era eriksson
<era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> said:
On Wed, 28 May 1997 13:36:04 -0500 (EST), Barry <barry(_at_)gslink(_dot_)com>
wrote:

:0 afw

(And here, I believe the f makes the w unnecessary, one way or another.)

| formail -a "X-I-Know-This-Person: Yes"

The w flag is useful with the f flag.  It tells procmail to revert to
the original text if the filter program exits non-zero.  If you don't
use the w flag and the filter program chokes for some reason all the
text which the filter program hadn't gotten to yet will be lost.  If the
filter program croaks at startup the whole thing will be lost!

Most of the time when you use f you should use w, too.  In general the
only time you shouldn't use it is when the filter program is known to be
undisciplined with its exit code.

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick(_at_)argon(_dot_)org