Re: Forwarding to a list

1997-06-04 01:13:00
On Tue, 3 Jun 1997 13:25:00 -0400 (EDT),
"Russell W. Behne" <russ(_at_)otp(_dot_)illuminet(_dot_)net> wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Matthew G. Saroff wrote:
I am not going to send all my spam to congress.
What I am going to do is send ONE letter giving a total number of
letters received, total bytes, number of spam received, and total spam
<...>
BTW, does anyone have a procmail recipe that will total up volume
and numbers of messages?

man mailstat

Collect your data, and process it into real intelligence, that is,
something that they can really use during debates in the House and Senate.

For what it's worth, I know that cauce.org is looking for good stories
and they are putting some serious effort into getting the message
across to the Senate. Perhaps you could submit your numbers to them?
Check out <http://www.cauce.org/>

Russ.

Anybody with a 15-line .signature needs to choose his words carefully.

/* era */

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>