Re: (\>|)

1997-06-06 00:24:00
On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, David W. Tamkin wrote:

--
| Is it a good idea to replace white spaces with [    ] with a tab inside?

That depends on whether you want to allow for tabs as well as spaces.  Is
there a chance that people will actually type a tab instead of a space
between "join" or "subscribe" and the name of the list (or the word "list"
if you meant it literally)?  Is there a chance that their mailers will insert
a tab rather than a space after the colon of "Subject:"?  I'd answer yes to
the latter, but as to the former you know your subscribers better than I do.

I doubt that anyone would put a tab between 'join' and 'list'. So, in
order to account for a possible tab inserted by the mailer between
Subject: and the first word, the expression should be:

* ^Subject:[     ]join[  ]list\>
           ^^^ ^^
          tab space

The tab and space inside the [] brackets should literally account for both?

Regards,

Dave/Webmaster

           Join www.cauce.org | Join Joke-L
  Hit SPAMMERS Where It Hurts | Listserv <listserv(_at_)ddave(_dot_)com>

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide
the bodies of the SPAMMERS that I killed."