Re: Sorting out *this* list.

1997-06-06 08:48:00
"J. Daniel Smith" <DanS(_at_)bristol(_dot_)com> wrote:
Newsgroups: lists.procmail

Hmmm. Do you do the list->group transform yourself? What software is
recommended for that?

The idea of adding backslashes was good, but sadly it won't quite work the
way
you want it: \< and \> are special and match a non-word char. Try
I find that I hardly ever do this for email addresses...it's a bit of
extra clutter and the the chance for false-matches is just about zero
(are there "om" (com), "du" (edu), "ov" (gov), "rg" (org), "nt" (int),
or "et" (net) top-level domains?).

I fail to see how those TLDs enter into it, but om (Oman), nt (Neutral
Zone), and et (Ethiopia) are valid. The real advantage of word boundry
checking is so that when I send mail from alpha.netusa.net (as I often
do) your filters on alpha.net or usa.net do net get tripped. Lots of
people filter usa.net, the alpha.net one probably gets filtered by some
people, but that site does not originate spam.

Elijah
------
Please do not CC me when replying to the list.  It is not my responsibility to
prove to you my mail is not spam, if mail to you bounces it will not be resent.