Re: Sorting out *this* list.

1997-06-07 01:20:00
On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, J. Daniel Smith wrote:

The idea of adding backslashes was good, but sadly it won't quite work the
way
you want it: \< and \> are special and match a non-word char. Try

I find that I hardly ever do this for email addresses...it's a bit of
extra clutter and the the chance for false-matches is just about zero
(are there "om" (com), "du" (edu), "ov" (gov), "rg" (org), "nt" (int),
or "et" (net) top-level domains?).

Well, I'm just trying to get in the habit of doing things
properly, and the '\' makes it do just that - which is exactly
what I wanted.  Sure, the chances of failure without the escapes
is low, but with the escapes, the chances are zero.  I'll take
the zero chance (probably faster too).

TTYL

Mike A. Harris        |             http://blackwidow.saultc.on.ca/~mharris
Computer Consultant   |                  Coming soon: dynamic-IP-freedom...
My dynamic address: http://blackwidow.saultc.on.ca/~mharris/ip-address.html
Email: mharris at blackwidow.saultc.on.ca  <-- Spam proof address

The Art Bell (#1 talk radio) homepage: http://www.artbell.com