Re: HTML attachments

1997-06-25 22:56:00
"Barry" == Barry  <barry(_at_)gslink(_dot_)com> writes:

Barry> Sometimes I get mail that is 100% html, not just a little html.  Here's
Barry> what I do with it...

Barry> i send the body of any message with <HTML> and </HTML> in it to be
filtered
Barry> by this shell script:

Barry> #!/bin/sh
Barry> tmpfile="/tmp/lynxtemp.$$.html"
Barry> cat >> $tmpfile
Barry> lynx -dump $tmpfile
Barry> rm -f $tmpfile

Barry> works good, not with mime attached stuff though...  I usually
Barry> just don't worry about that.

I suppose a really fun thing to do for someone with too much spare
time on their hands would be to write a filter that turns a text/html
MIME part into a multipart/alternative part, with a Lynx-formatted
text/plain subpart and the original html subpart :)

Andrew
--
 - Andrew J. Cosgriff -        >> see X-headers >>
ajc(_at_)bing(_dot_)wattle(_dot_)id(_dot_)au