Re: Procmail patch to avoid growing humungous log files with VERBOSE=on

1997-08-13 13:46:00
On Wed, 13 Aug 1997, Bradley Ward Allen wrote:

VERBOSEMATCH only logs the matches, whereas VERBOSEMATCHONLY is meant
to be used in conjunction with VERBOSE so that all non-matching
matching type messages are not logged (e.g, no match (yes, there is
some other type of matching message besides match & no match, I forget
what it is right now)).

Huh?
'all non-matching type are not logged' =
'all     matching type are     logged' right? (by the rules of grammar
where 2 negatives make a positive?)

What's the difference between that and what the first one does.

My other patch to ProcMail is a hack -- I set "rawnonl=1" everywhere
everywhere everywhere!  I use MH and have absolutely no use for the
extra newline, and as a matter of fact am religiously opposed to it.

What extra newline, and why are you opposed to it?

I've no real idea what MH is, other than an email reader.

The second part may be something you want to reply just to me about, but I
think that others may be curious about the first question.

Am I being dense?  I just don't see the difference between the two
styles... and I was going to try to apply this patch tonight....

Thanks
TjL